Product Manager, Pricing and AnalyticsProduct Management
The Product Manager, Pricing and Analytics, is responsible for driving the strategy and execution for global pricing of ZOLEO hardware and services.
ZOLEO® is an industry-leading provider of global safety and messaging services that’s changing how consumers stay connected when traveling beyond mobile coverage. Designed for outdoor enthusiasts, organizations that work in remote areas, and people who live on the fringe or outside of wireless coverage, ZOLEO is the first consumer-focused solution that enables messaging and SOS emergency response services that works seamlessly across cellular, wifi, and satellite networks, and is now available for sale in selected countries in North America, APAC and Europe.
ZOLEO Inc. is a joint venture between two leaders in the mobile satellite space – Roadpost Inc. of Toronto, Canada and Beam Communications of Melbourne, Australia. We launched our flagship product (www.zoleo.com) in early 2020 and have met with early and rapid success, with a fast-growing subscriber base. The ZOLEO product has built a reputation as an easy-to-use messaging and safety tool for people who travel into remote areas for recreation or business use.
The Product Manager, Pricing and Analytics, is responsible for driving the strategy and execution for global pricing of ZOLEO hardware and services. You will be responsible for understanding the profitability of the ZOLEO business, usage behaviour of our subscribers, customer pain-points and competitive dynamics to drive and implement our pricing strategy. You will define the business rules and requirements for how subscribers activate and manage their ZOLEO services. You will be part of a close knit, entrepreneurial, cooperative and fast-paced team across the ZOLEO and JV partner organizations, helping to build upon our record of success and growth.
- Customer insights: gather and distill customer data into actionable insights
- Maintain a monthly product dashboard
- Profitability and Usage insights: usage analysis across segments (Enterprise, Marine, Hunting, High User, etc), seasonality, service profitability and churn analysis
- Marketing support – generate data to support profile definitions
- Global pricing for hardware, rate plans, features and add-ons and content pricing (eg marine weather)
- Global promotion support including offer definition and special programs (eg Search and Rescue), project coordination, list management for campaigns
- Keep track of subscriber churn and understand root causes
- Proactive management and development of strategies to address Churn
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to implement the strategy
- Billing and self-serve requirements
- Creation of business rules for account management (such as for pause and cancellation), and payments
- Creation and implementation of transactional notifications to ensure clarity and transparency as subscribers manage their services
- Define the invoicing experience and business rules
- Develop and manage a Consumer and Enterprise self-serve roadmap
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent financial experience
- 4+ years of relevant pricing management experience in a customer-driven organization with a subscription- or rate plan-based product, ideally with a telecommunications company
- Experience defining requirements for and implementing pricing logic into a back-end pricing system
- Making data-based decisions, guided by both strategic and customer experience-driven criteria
- Ability to lead project teams, with a preference to experience in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing and rapidly evolving organization.
- Deep experience with analytics tools such as Tableau.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with both consumer and enterprise products is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry
What we Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Health & Dental benefits
- Hybrid work environment